Advanced voting will occur Wednesday, November 12, for elections held in Electoral Areas “A”, “B”, “J”, “L”, “O”, and “P” to elect directors to represent these areas on the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Board. General voting day is Saturday, November 15.
Advance voting will take place at the location detailed below:
• Advance Voting will be held at the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Office, 4th Floor 465 Victoria Street, Kamloops, on Wednesday, November 12 from 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
In order to vote, electors must either reside in the electoral area or own property in the electoral area but live somewhere else in B.C. and must meet all of the following qualifications:
Resident Electors (who live in the electoral area; does not require property ownership) must be:
• 18 years of age or older
• Canadian citizens
• Residents of B.C. for at least 6 months immediately preceding voting day
• Not otherwise disqualified by law from voting
• Residents of the electoral area for at least 30 days immediately preceding voting day
Non-Resident Property Electors (who own property in the electoral area but live somewhere else in B.C.) must meet the same first four requirements for resident electors and be:
• Registered owners of real property in the proposed service area for at least 30 days immediately preceding voting day
Applications for mail-in voting are still being accepted. In order to be counted, completed ballots must be received by the Chief Election Officer before the close of voting on general voting day. Further information on the election is available at elections.tnrd.ca/.
For more information contact Carolyn Black, Chief Election Officer: 250.377.8673; email@example.com
— Thompson Nicola Regional District